Quickbooks multi-user mode can lead to different types of errors. Quickbooks error H202 is one of the multi-user mode errors that you can face. Many users have faced the Quickbooks error H202 while switching to the multi-user mode. The error can occur because of different reasons and is mostly related to the multi-user mode. In this article, we have discussed more what the error is and how to resolve the same.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error H202
Here is a list of all the possible reasons which can lead to the occurrence of the Quickbooks error H202. Check out all the reasons below.
- First, you may have not configured the hosting settings properly.
- The communication between the Quickbooks application and the company file is blocked by the firewall.
- In case the DNS settings on your system are not configured properly.
- Next, there are chances that the Ip address of the host system is not available.
- Quickbooks important services are running on the system.
- ND file is damaged or corrupted.
Symptoms of the Error
So, when you encounter the issue, you can notice different symptoms on the system. Here is a list of all the symptoms of Quickbooks error code H202.
- You will not be able to switch to Quickbooks multi-user mode.
- You will not be able to open Quickbooks files on any other system.
- In case your system starts freezing or have stopped working.
- The Windows will stop responding to the user inputs slowly.
- Moreover, the error prompt will appear on the screen.
How to Fix Quickbooks Error H202
Now that you have enough information about the Quickbooks error code H202, you can easily resolve the issue. Below we have mentioned all the methods which can help you get rid of the issue easily. Make sure you follow all the relevant steps in the same way as mentioned to avoid any issues.
Method 1: Ping the Server from the Workstation
- For this, you will have to first hover to the windows start icon and then choose the network option.
- You will then have to choose the option to open a network and sharing centre,
- After this, you will have to click on the option for the change advanced sharing settings option.
- When done, you will have to make sure that you have turned on the network discovery option under the network discovery and file and printer sharing tab.
- Now, you will have to again go to the start icon and then choose to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, you will have to type CMD and then press the enter key on the keyboard.
- Next, you will have to type ipconfig/all in the window and then again press the enter key.
- When done, you will have to check the hostname under the Windows IP Configuration section.
- Make sure to note down the name of your server for your future reference.
- When this is done, you will have to again open the Run window and then type cmd.
- Now, you will have to type ping_server name and then again press the enter key.
- If you see that you are getting a response that the network is slow, you have lost a packet, there are chances that you are facing issues with the network.
Method 2: Configuring Firewall Settings
- To start with, you will have to create an exception in the settings tab of your system firewall.
- Also, you will have to modify all the permissions for the firewall and then start Quickbooks on all the workstations.
- You will then have to switch o the multi-user mode by clicking on the file menu.
Method 3: Use Tool Hub
- To start with, open Intuit website and then look for the latest version of the Quickbooks tool hub. You will then have to click on it to download it to the system.
- Wait for the download to complete. On completion, you will have to click on the file that you have downloaded.
- You will now have to choose the I agree on option on the license window and then complete the process by following all the steps appearing on the system.
- When done, you will have to start the tool on the system and then choose the option to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system. You will have to then choose the file that you wish to scan.
- Click on the option to check file damage only.
- Wait for it to check and fix the issue.
- When the process will complete, you will have to close the tool hub window and then again open the Quickbooks application.
Method 4: Clean Install Quickbooks
In case any of the above methods didn’t help you, you will have to remove Quickbooks from the system and then install it again on the system. For this, you can also download Quickbooks clean install tool. The tool will automatically uninstall and install the tool and also, delete all the unnecessary files.
To Wind Up
So, this is why you can encounter the Quickbooks error code H202 and how you can resolve it. However, if you still face the issue, you can seek technical guidance.