White is the color of elegance and peace. When it comes to white couches, they look cool and classy on Pinterest. To give the farmhouse look to the home, most people select the white leather couches in the living room. White brightens up the room and adds charm to any style of furniture. In formal, living white sofas are the best choice because they will need low maintenance and look classic. When it comes to the white leather couch, leather is a natural material that adds more glam and warmth to your place.
Are you white couch people?
Some people think white couches are a huge mistake because they get dirty easily. When you use white fabric for sofas it’s easy to clean, just put it in the washing machine with some bleach and your fabric is stain-free and brand new. When we talk about a white leather sofa cleaning, due to its durability it never gets dirty easily, does not absorb odors, and actually not very difficult to maintain in its perfect color. But everything needs care and maintenance for long usage.
Cleaning Guide for White Leather Couch
Let’s discuss some simple tips and tricks to prevent any damage and remove stains from your white leather couch:
Any type of leather furniture gets affected by direct sunlight and heat. Dulling or fading the leather color and cracking caused by the heat and receiving a lot of sunlight. Avoid putting your leather sofas in an area where direct sunlight can cause harm to your big investment. If you want to put in open areas use protectors(sofa covers) to protect from heat damage.
Do not put your white sofa in a high traffic area of your house. Set rules, not to eat on couches because food stains can cause harm. To maintain the charm of white, put it in a low rush area.
Vacuum your sofa
Dust that has been mixed with water or a cleaning solution can push the dirt deeper into the sofa. To remove dry dirt, use a soft brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner. You must not miss any intricate folds or crevices, especially when you are cleaning a recliner sofa.
Use a dry microfiber cloth
Regularly clean the leather with a leather care tool and dust it with soft cloths at least twice per week. All spills and stains must be removed immediately. Regular cleaning helps in the long run.
Use leather honey
Oxidation refers to the chemical term that describes the process of separating the fibers. This is a natural process by which white leather becomes yellow over time. To prevent the leather from becoming dry and converting into yellow, use leather, honey.
Besides the regular cleaning, you have to deal with stubborn stains. You can remove stains of ink, grease or blood with simple techniques:
- Nail polish removal: To remove stubborn stains from your couch, use a soft cloth and non-acetone nail varnish remover. It will remove the stain immediately.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is able to remove greasy stains. Sprinkle some baking soda over the stain, and let it work its magic for a few hours. After some time, wipe off the soda and get your couch clean from the stain.
- Rubbing alcohol: This is a good way to remove mold and mildew. Do not use a high concentration as it can cause harm. Use the solution in a mixture with water to apply the stain.
- Lemon Juice: It will soften the stain. Let the solution sit on the stain for at least 30 minutes. Then, take it off and check the lemon magic.
- Castile and vinegar mix: Warm water and a few drops of vinegar or Castile will be added to the warm water. Use the mixture to coat the leather sofa. It will immediately remove stains.
Every couch has a manufacturing label with cleaning instructions, make sure you check it before cleaning your couch. Leather cleaning plays an important role in its long life. If you are not sure about the cleaning process you can get help from professionals to get rid of dirt and stains. There are many Leather Sofa Cleaning Sydney companies that provide cleaning services anywhere in Sydney. You can contact them and get your couch dirt and stain-free.